Saturday 18 July 2009

Cliffhanger

The British Bouldering Championships 2009 did not disappoint. Both the men's and women's finals were cliffhangers once again with the top spots closely contested. Nice one Ned clinching first place with the last moves of the day.

I was really pleased to be climbing quite well and very lucky that most of the problems did not involve moves I cannot do due to my poorly arm. I only had to amend my tactics on one problem to compensate. The first 3 problems went ok and then I felt short on the 4th, unable to pop up into a barely balanced wide press. I was behind on attempts and was also missing a bonus.

The last problem was going well. A long problem with big moves.

Unfortunately my left hand just plain slipped as I was placing a heel hook with 2 moves to go. I was gutted to have slipped but was excited as I knew I could do the problem. Foolishly I got back on too soon and did not have enough in the tank to top the problem.


I came 3rd. Leah won and Katy was 2nd by a bonus. I needed the final top to have won, but was very pleased to podium.

Thanks to Kate from Godsrock Clothing for the photos.

No comments: