Tuesday 27 November 2007

Plywood Masters, Boulder UK

I entered the Plywood Masters last Saturday at Boulder UK, Blackburn and came 3rd. I completed all but two of the qualifiers (one of which I missed the last hold :-( ) and made into into the finals joint 2nd with Rae behind Audrey who was clearly having a very good day.

I felt that I was climbing well in the qualifiers, but flagged a bit in the final and made a couple of mistakes like not making room on a hand hold for my foot when I knew I needed to put it there! I topped 3/5 blocs and got some good 'grit stone rash' on my forearms battling with one bloc that I should have completed. Grrr.

The good thing with comps is the wealth of blocs to try out. The annoying thing is often not being able to go back and complete the ones you didn't do on the day, but were thoroughly enjoying.

I'd not been to Boulder UK before and was very impressed. I would recommend a visit as the form of the wall and the problems are very good.

No comments: