Friday 2 November 2007

Introduction...

I am a climber. I climb for the British Bouldering Team. Our aim is to win international bouldering competitions.

I live in Sheffield, the climbing capital of Great Britain. I am also a Civil Engineer and work full time for Scott Wilson who sponsor me through leave for training and competitions.

Reportedly I have climbed since being toddler, climbing over gates, up shelves, around door frames, and progressing to trees and larger structures. I first tried climbing formally on a man-made wall at Thriftwood Scout Campsite, Essex at the age of 10 and was hooked. Several years later I worked as a volunteer at Thriftwood maintaining the site and teaching outdoor pursuits as a Venture Scout.

I also climbed regularly at Clements Hall Sports Centre in Essex and joined the regulars on several climbing trips on ‘real rock’ to places such as Symmonds Yat, the Peak District, and our local Southern Sandstone.

I moved away from Essex to study and could not move back as there is no rock to climb. Whilst studying I discovered the delights of bouldering. I love the movement and the challenge.

No comments: