Monday 5 November 2007

November Team Training

So we had a 4 day training residential. The first day was a real workout with circuit training - exercises included hands free, press-ups, pull-ups, dynos... 12 exercises in total, 3 sets. I think we all had aches to prove we had trained hard.

Then it was time for speed bouldering - 20 boulders of various difficulty. We were in pairs trying to flash the problems as quickly as possible and catch up the pair in front. Great fun.

I slept like a log and woke up achey. Maybe I should have gone for a run to flush out the toxins!
The 2nd day bought about this blog and a campus board/pull up bar workshop. I need to do more of this and get stronger...

Day 3 - Boulder Bash @ Craggy Island, Guildford. Mark Croxall set a fantastic boulders, technical. I flashed 12 of the 15 and won the female open bouldering. I was feeling really good but didn't enter the lead and speed as I'm going to compete in Brno next week and wanted to save my finger tips!

Day 4 - SIBL (Southern Indoor Bouldering League) Round 1 at Mile End, London. The Team climbed but didn't compete. The league was well attended. It was great to see so many people competing. Look out for the the further Rounds of SIBL and other climbing wall bouldering leagues. The BMC website has info on SIBL and links to climbing walls around the country.

Now it's rest/light exercise and carbs to prepare for the weekend in Brno, Czech Republic. My first international event... I can't wait.

No comments: