Saturday 21 June 2008

Arco

No one from team GB made it in to the final in Fiera and the weather was awful. Our transport options decided that they wanted to go to Arco... so off we went. Katy and Ryan lent us their kit tent, spare sleeping bags and a bouldering mat to sleep on.

Poor Ben was lent a kit tent but didn't have a sleeping bag or mat. Dave, Gaz and Tony had sleeping bags and mats but no tent. They slept under a tarp that Audrey lent them! A motley camping crew.







Arco is stunning with good views across to lake Garda and fantastic steep limestone.









With a borrowed harness I enjoyed seconding a 30m 7a+ after checking out the area (including the local bear - Audrey's dog). I am seriously un-route fit. The moves were easy enough I just didn't have the stamina/power endurance.



I'd like to go back after reminding myself what this leading lark is all about :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rock climbing is cool too.