Wednesday 11 June 2008

World Cup Grindelwald

... oh dear....


I left the Scott Wilson office in Chesterfield to catch the train to London and all of the displays were out due to the rain. Thankfully the trains were running on time and I had a pleasant trip to London.... The following morning we checked into City Airport and went through to departures. We bought water and breakfast and were then told that our flight had been cancelled.



Luckily we were tranferred to flights only an hour or so later going to Basel via Frankfurt. We arrived to a showery, but beautiful Grindelwald a few hours later than expected to a hotel with a balcony facing the North face of the Eiger and surrounding peaks.




The qualification blocs were good and well protected from the weather rolling over the peaks behind. Unfortunately I only topped the first bloc, during which my freed up but now weak shoulder moved out of joint. Try as I might I couldn't pull off the moves I thought I should be able to after this and frustratingly was just short of everything. I finished a disappointing 35th with a very sore shoulder.


Thankfully my shoulder has stopped hurting after a rest and I continue to do the strengthening physio exercises.



No comments: