Tuesday 8 July 2008

World Cup Montauban

We had a great day visiting the medieval walled town of Carcassonne the day before the comp except Gaz had a bad stomach ache that turned out to be kidney stones. I ended up driving as Gaz had forgotten his driving licence. Good job really.

The comp was amazing. Spot lit boulders in a huge venue. I was first out. It was strange having cameras in your face all the time. I had a really good comp.

I topped blocs 1, 2 and 4. Managed to face plant the mat when slipping off the last hold on the first bloc and scraped my legs up on the 4th bloc. I got the bonus on the 3rd bloc and missed the 5th bloc penultimate hold by a fraction (I think I left some skin on it). I came 24th and was so close to getting in the semi. A few less attempts or catching the hold on the last bloc....

Audrey climbed really well qualifying 8th having topped all the blocs and came 18th after the semi. Nice one Audrey. There's some good photos and videos on the Montauban website including one of me doing the first bloc.

No comments: