Saturday 26 June 2010

Eindhoven World Cup

To carry on a theme - YESSSSS, but grr. Eindhoven has been really good for me again.

I qualified in 19th, making a few mistakes but doing enough to get through. That means a clean slate, having it all to do on another day. It feels good.

In the semi-final, the first time I pulled on I was told to get off again by the judge for not starting correctly. I restarted and topped the bloc. I thought I had started correctly the first time but would have to wait to appeal... I had to concentrate on the blocs to come.

On the second bloc I got the bonus first go, then tried lots of different ways but couldn't progress. The score sheet said bonus in 5 attempts. Grrr. I had to wait... try and leave it and concentrate on the task in hand.

I battled on, unable to progress past the last 2 bonuses. One being a problem to read the bloc, the other just being a beast of a bloc. I finished hot and agitated. I felt a little green on my reading skills and expected the opposition to obliterate me, unlike my usual optimism.

My thoughts were unfounded. The blocs were hard.

I questioned the bonus issue. Apparently it had been decided that you not only had to hold the hold, you had to clearly show you could pull on it. The official said that everyone had been judged the same so the decision would stand.

I appealed the start of bloc one. Clearly what I did in my head was different to what I actually did as my appeal failed. So nearly 11th, but pretty darn happy with 15th.


No comments: