Thursday 31 May 2012

Back on track

The discomfort around my ribs is slowly subsiding and I’m juggling recovery with competing.  Building back up, but trying not to do too much too soon.  I went back to Raven Tor last Friday to see how I was on familiar problems.  Pinches wall was ok, some moves required for Ben’s Roof need a little more time/work to get back to.  I tried the start of Rattle and Hump (7a+) for the first time in several years and topped it.  It’s good for the head to be making quite quick progress back towards where I left off.

The Rocfest competition at Rockover, Manchester was busy and hotter than hot.  Thirty qualifier problems put me in 3rd place behind Shauna and Leah and ahead of Naomi, Charlotte and Ellie in the final.  I had a ‘cheaty’ (quote Naomi) global therapies massage between the qualifiers and the final, as my left shoulder and right bicep were complaining.  After a slow start in the final, just managing a double dyno and some other leaps, I got into my stride to top the last 2 boulders and retain 3rd place.  I’m pretty happy with this.

100_4535 (1280x960)

A big thank you to Boreal for sponsoring me with super boots.

No comments: